2nd Year Online Parent -Teacher Meeting Thursday 19th January (4.00 – 6.30pm)
Protocols for Parents/Guardians
Parents/Guardians please note:
- To safeguard the privacy of the meeting, an appropriate space should be used to conduct the online Parent Teacher Meeting.
- Familiarise yourself with your list of teacher appointments and the scheduled meeting times. Please have this printed sheet with you during the meeting.
- The meeting will take place on Microsoft Teams – please ensure you have Microsoft Teams downloaded on the device you will be using to attend the meeting.
- You must access the meeting with your child’s Microsoft account and password. We advise you to practice logging onto Microsoft Teams with this email and password prior to the Parent Teacher Meeting. If you have any questions or difficulties, please contact the school on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We ask that only the parent/guardian attends the Parent Teacher Meeting unless attendance by the student is requested by the subject teacher.
- The meeting will start with the camera function on so that it is clear whom each person is speaking to. However, if there is an issue with video lagging/broadband speed, the camera function may be turned off to continue the meeting.
- Please start the meeting by introducing yourself and state the name and class of your son/daughter
- Please stick strictly to the time schedule – 5 minutes per parent/guardian.
- The meeting is confidential and all mobile phones or other electronic devices not being used for the specific purpose of the proceedings must be turned off or switched to silent for the duration of the meeting.
- Recording, saving or capturing any audio, video, or any other data/information or image during the meeting is not permitted by anyone. Any unauthorised recording or live streaming of the meeting or any aspect of the meeting to another location is not permitted.
- If someone accidentally records, saves or otherwise captures any data/information/image etc., s/he must immediately advise the other person and the recording must be deleted and confirmation of this provided to the other person.
- If any unauthorised person accepts/joins the Teams Call you should advise that the call cannot continue until the matter is resolved and end the call if this is not immediately resolved.
- Normal dignity and respect principles and practices must be adhered to by all. Please refer to our Guidelines for Staff – Parent – Student Communication policy for more details. (available on lucancc.ie)
2nd year Parent Teacher Meeting
We are delighted to provide you with details of our upcoming 2nd Year Parent Teacher Meeting, scheduled to take place online on Thursday 19th January (16.00 – 18.30). We are really looking forward to discussing your child’s progress with you.
From today, Monday 9th January, you are able to select which teachers you would like to speak with through our school website www.lucancc.ie under Programmes-> Junior Cycle> 2nd year Information. The Parent Teacher Meeting Scheduler is also directly available at the following location: https://ptmorg.com/parentlogin.php?School=70080T
When you visit the Parent Teacher Meeting Scheduler you should:
· Enter your unique Student ID (sent home with students in a letter Jan 9th 2023)
· Select the teachers you wish to speak with in on Thursday 19th January order of preference
· Click ‘Save Preferences’ before leaving the page
The closing date for entering your preferences is end of day on Thursday 12th January. Please note that appointments cannot be scheduled to see any teachers after this date. We will send home on Tuesday 17th January, via your son/ daughter, a document advising you of your appointment times for the online meeting.
The meeting will take place on Microsoft Teams – please ensure you have Microsoft Teams downloaded on the device you will be using to attend the meeting. You must access the meeting with Microsoft account: student email and use their password. We advise you to practice logging onto Microsoft Teams with this email and password prior to the 2nd Year Parent Teacher Meeting. If you have any questions or difficulties, please contact the school on email@example.com.
Each meeting will last 5 minutes. We ask that only the parent/guardian attends the Parent Teacher Meeting unless attendance by the student is requested by the subject teacher. Please retain the above information for future use.
2nd Year Christmas Assessments
As you are aware 2nd and 5th year students will be doing formal Christmas Exams from Wednesday 14th to Monday 19th December. Transition Year students will be doing exams in English, Irish, Maths and French/German on Wednesday 14th and Thursday 15th December.
- 2nd and 5th year exams Take place in GYM, HALL mainly. Some exams will take place in other rooms. Students have been given a copy of the exam timetable. Any changes to the timetable will be communicated to students by relevant subject teacher. The most accurate version of the timetable will also be on the school website. 2nd year exam timetable can be found here.
- Assessments for some subjects will be given in class time. Teachers will communicate this to students where it applies.
- Students should be familiar with the timetable and know what exams they have each day and what centres they are in.
- Students are not required to be in school if they do not have a timetabled exam. HOWEVER, if a student has an exam on both sides of morning break then the student must remain in the building during morning break and go to his/her classroom for registration on that day.
- 5th year exams are timetabled for 90 mins and 2nd year exams are timetabled for 58 mins. This time includes time for both the distribution and collection of examination papers. Some 2nd year students will have exams back-to-back and may also have to move centre. Students must move between centres in SILENCE as others will be doing exams.
- Transition Year students will have two exams on Wednesday 14th and two exams on Thursday 15th . These will take place in the M and L areas. Students have been given a copy of this timetable and it is also published on the website. Transition Year students will have registration as normal on Wednesday and Thursday. Transition year students are not required to be school on those two days outside of these times.
- Full uniform and all school rules and procedures apply at all times during the examinations.
- The use of mobile phones or other smart devices are STRICTLY PROHIBITED in any exam centre.
- Students must have their own pens, pencils, geometry sets, calculators with them. Borrowing of such equipment is not allowed. Students will be provided with all writing paper required. Students will be provided with Maths Table where these are required for the exam.
- Students should use the bathroom before coming in to the exam centre. It is very disruptive to other students when students leave the centre during an exam.
- In a small number of cases, the 2nd year exam will be ending in a centre where a 5th year exam is continuing. This has been kept to a minimum. 2nd year students must leave the exam centre in SILENCE in these instances.
- Normal rules regarding attendance apply during exam times – if a student is absent when he/she is due to have an exam then a parent must inform the school of this. Students are expected to attend for all exams. There is not a facility to rearrange exams if a student is absent for an exam.
Last Update 06/10/2022
Dear 2nd Year parent/guardian,
Please see letter below for details of the planned 2nd year trip to Spain. Students have this letter in their bag. Details of the cost and non-refundable deposit now due are included in this letter.
Letter for 2nd Year Trip to Spain
Last Update 28/09/2022
Dear 2nd year parents,
We are about to start our 2nd Year Anti-bullying programme with students. Please read the information letter for parents/guardians attached here for further detail:
Fuse letter 2022
We look forward to your support as we educate our students about appropriate behaviour towards others and standing up against bullying behaviour.