Transition Year involves students in Community Voluntary Work and in two fortnights of Work Experience. In order to support students seeking placements with a Voluntary Agency or seeking work experience placements, detailed information is provided to students. A copy of the relevant forms are included below:
Work Experience forms
Community Voluntary Work forms – now updated for 2017/18
- Please note that ECDL classes will be running on Thursday afternoons for the 2017/18 school year. Students who will be taking ECDL classes should arrange to do their voluntary work at a different time of the week.
The Vetting Act places statutory vetting obligations on school authorities and students undertaking relevant work experience or activities with children or vulnerable persons must first obtaining a vetting disclosure from the Bureau.
In light of this a vetting disclosure must be obtained by DDLETB for any student in TY or LCA who engages in work experience with children or vunerable adults. Each student should:
- receive a letter from school personnel about Garda Vetting
- complete the Vetting Invitation Form – NVB 1
- if under 18, ask their parent/guardian to complete a C) Parent Guardian Consent Form – NVB 3 for the student to undertake garda vetting
- ensure they have sufficient documents supplied to reach 100 points on the ID validation form as outlined on New ID Validation Form (for adults) and New ID Validation Form for students (for students under 18) and complete these two forms
- return these forms along with copies of proof of identity such as passport or birth certificate as soon as possible to the organiser of the event or school office. Original documents must be seen by this person and they must sign the photocopies submitted and complete the end of the ID validation form.
This information will then be forwarded to our Head Office.
The applicant will then be invited by email (so please check your email regularly, including junk folder) to complete a Garda vetting application as soon as the attached/enclosed form is received by Head Office. If the presenters have already been vetted by the National Vetting Bureau with another school or organisation the process should not take too long but it can take a number of weeks and so we encourage you to start the process immediately. Only a vetting procedure carried out by DDLETB, will cover an individual to work in our school. This Garda clearance is then returned to our school and kept on file. As a student you can request a copy of this form to bring to your work experience placement.
Junior Cycle Profile of Achievement – Privacy notice for parents