Last Updated 17th May 2023
5th Year Summer Assessments
The 5th Year timetable is available here: 5TH YEAR EXAM TIMETABLE SUMMER 2023
As you are aware 2nd and 5th year students will be doing formal Summer Exams from Thursday 25th –Tuesday 30th May (both days inclusive).
- 2nd and 5th year exams Take place in GYM, HALL mainly. Some exams will take place in other rooms. Students have been given a copy of the exam timetable. Any changes to the timetable will be communicated to students by relevant subject teacher. The most accurate version of the timetable will also be on the school website.
- Assessments for some subjects will be given in class time. Teachers will communicate this to students where it applies.
- Students should be familiar with the timetable and know what exams they have each day and what centres they are in.
- Students are not required to be in school if they do not have a timetabled exam. HOWEVER, if a student has an exam on both sides of morning break then the student must remain in the building during morning break and go to his/her classroom for registration on that day.
- 5th year exams are timetabled for 90 mins and 2nd year exams are timetabled for 58 mins. This time includes time for both the distribution and collection of examination papers. Some 2nd year students will have exams back-to-back and may also have to move centre. Students must move between centres in SILENCE as others will be doing exams.
- Full uniform and all school rules and procedures apply at all times during the examinations.
- The use of mobile phones or other smart devices are STRICTLY PROHIBITED in any exam centre.
- Students must have their own pens, pencils, geometry sets, calculators with them. Borrowing of such equipment is not allowed. Students will be provided with all writing paper required. Students will be provided with Maths Tables where these are required for the exam.
- Students should use the bathroom before coming in to the exam centre. It is very disruptive to other students when students leave the centre during an exam.
- In a small number of cases, the 2nd year exam will be ending in a centre where a 5th year exam is continuing. This has been kept to a minimum. 2nd year students must leave the exam centre in SILENCE in these instances.
- Normal rules regarding attendance apply during exam times – if a student is absent when he/she is due to have an exam then a parent must inform the school of this. Students are expected to attend for all exams. There is not a facility to rearrange exams if a student is absent for an exam
If a student has reached the age of 18, please ensure that students/parents/guardians consult each other, read the following letter and complete and return the following form to ensure that we can continue to share student data with parents:
- Letter to parents/guardians to explain data access process for Over 18 students Feb 2023
- Over-18 Request Form to share Personal Data Feb 2023
We hope that the start of the school holidays has provided a well-earned break for your son/daughter and that you and your families can use some of the summer to recharge the batteries after some busy and challenging times.
This online pack contains important information regarding planning for the coming school year. We ask that you inform us immediately by emailing email@example.com if there are any changes to your contact details or if you have queries about next year.
I am delighted to include the following documents as part of this online pack:
- Summer Report for those who have completed 1st, 2nd, 4th and 5th year can now be accessed through the VSware Parent app; A text message will be sent to year groups once the reports are open for access. A reminder on how to access VSware as a parent/guardian can be found here.
- Booklist for the coming school year. The Book Haven company will operate online this year or through their shop in Blanchardstown. Book grant application forms are available on our website lucancc.ie for eligible applicants and can only be redeemed through The Book Haven (www.bookhaven.ie);
- Options have already been assigned and communicated to 5th year students. Transition Year Option subjects will be given to students on their return to school. You will see from the TY booklist that no books are needed for option subjects;
- School Calendar: Please print and retain this safely at home for school closure dates and early finishing times and check the online google calendar on our website for updates
- Technology: We are a Windows based school and although it is not essential, it would be of benefit if students had access to a windows based device for homework. All students in Lucan CC can use their school email account to access Microsoft 365. This includes Word, OneNote and Teams. So it is not necessary to buy the Office 365 package. If you are considering buying a device a basic entry level computer will suffice. Please ensure the device has a microphone and a camera for video conferencing if needed. LC students taking DCG need a higher specification (see www.t4.ie). Students should have access to a set of headphones that work with a smartphone. All electronic devices can be used under teacher supervision during class time only.
Please keep an eye on our website www.lucancc.ie and Twitter account @lucancc1 for updates at the start of the year and use your VSware access throughout your child’s time in our school. Our parents’ association social media accounts and contact details are also available on our website.
Take care and have a safe and relaxing summer before the excitement of a new school year begins again.
Diane Birnie (Principal)