A big thanks to team-works and LCC staff for for taking our TY’s out of their comfort zone and encouraging them to learn together in new ways. Team-Works focuses on the development of communication, trust and collaboration within a team. In an era of diversity, having a team that is comfortable working together is an important tool in allowing both the individuals and team to prosper. Our transition years participated in all the events and the weather was kind to them too. Ms. Higgins
The Leaving Certificate The Leaving Certificate 2021 exam portal reopens this week. Lucan Community College continues to advise all students to opt for both the accredited grades and sitting of State Examination Commission exams in June 2021. Students will be supported in school to complete this process successfully.
- Well-Being week timetable 21
- Timetable for you to have a look at – lots of staff competitions and activities to get involved in next week.
- 50 ideas of Self-care- For tutors this can be used during tutorial or SPHE class.
- Amber Flag– Lucan CC are looking to achieve this flag this year. This is run through Pieta House and looks at how your school promotes positive mental health. All students will participate in a Skipathon Disco during their PE classes for the week. TY classes, this can be done during your tutorial class. Staff can participate Friday 23rd during lunchtime.
- Lucan CC Heroes– https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=9cjWPhZMrUSe7WD4UYNKhHz_kZ1P8VJFqmMhMJeuJB1UNlUxWllGRFVaTDFGV1JGUjNMWlY1V1QwOC4u
Please fill in this form and encourage your tutor class to do so also. You are nominating someone who has done something nice for someone or their community during these difficult times
- Non-Uniform Day- This will take place Friday 23rd April. Collecting of the 2euro will take place during tutorial time. The charity we are fundraising for is Pieta House as part of our Amber Flag application.
- Walk in SPHE- If you would like to take your class on a walk for their SPHE class you are welcome to do so.
- Activities- There are lots of activities for staff and students in the mornings and lunchtimes please encourage all to get involved 🙂