Remote Learning Resources
This page contains additional resources catering for students of all levels and interests to help with remote learning. Updated 23/4//2020
ICT SUPPORT RESOURCES- STUDENTS
Leaving cert Maths videos from UCD maths support centre
Physics revision course for Leaving certs from the Intel Academy
LC and JC Plays on RTE
RTE are showing all of the LC and JC plays..
- Shakespeare – A Midsummer Nights Dream – 19 April 2020, RTE2, 10:35am
- Shakespeare – As You Like It – 25 April 2020, RTE2, 9:40am
- Shakespeare – Much Ado About Nothing – 26 April 2020, RTE2, 10:10am
- Shakespeare – Julius Ceasar – 2 May 2020, RTE2, 10:20am
1) Thanks to Griffeen Community College for this great ‘Zentangle’ art challenge that is relevant to learners of all ages.
For Wellbeing Week our amazing Art dept have created a Zentangle Art Challenge for you to try at home! Lets keep our minds active and be creative! 🎨👩🎨🧑🎨🖌️ pic.twitter.com/sJa1FGHQVL
— Griffeen CC (@GriffeenCC) March 30, 2020
Well done Oide Amy in Kingswood Community College and your brilliant home-economics competition in association with Association of Teachers of Home Economics. Looking forward to all the photos of the yummy creations.
— Oide Amy (@OideAc) March 30, 2020
You can see the photos @OideAC
RELEVANT TO EVERYONE
3) HSE.ie have now translated many of the COVID-19 information posters into a variety of languages making this a useful and inclusive resource.
Great link to family resources during the Covid19 crisis:
Geography resources title Ireland’s Deep Atlantic on https://www.rte.ie/learn/
Microsoft Family Learning Centre
1) Engage your family for an hour or more with these safe and simple, family-led learning experiences for ages 3 to 12. This collection of free activities, curated out of educational resources from around the world, encourages families to Learn, Do and Share. Enjoy some time together!
Creative Maths Ideas
2) @MaryKemper is a brilliant and passionate educator with a focus on creativity in teaching and learning. She’s opened her resources to the world for all to enjoy!
3) eCollege Resources – Additional Support
3) eCollege courses are temporarily being made available free of charge as an additional support to those impacted by Covid-19 containment measures.
This measure is designed to benefit those already doing a FET course who would like to augment their learning and those who have recently become unemployed or had their hours reduced and who wish to upskill and reskill in digital skills. As you are aware eCollege offers fully online, tutor supported courses on improving digital skills, ICT, and some business skills courses.
Applicants must be over 16 at the date of application. While courses are tutor supported, prospective learners should be aware that a good deal of independent study is required to reach certification standards.
Please direct applications to www.fetchcourses.ie, they will find a full list of available courses by searching for the provider eCollege.
As noted above, this is a temporary measure and we will be monitoring on an ongoing basis to gauge demand. We welcome your feedback on this additional eCollege service and how in particular it can be useful to your learners.
We invite you to direct learners who may benefit from this service to www.fetchcourses.ie for applications, or www.ecollege.ie for further information on the courses available, after 2:00pm tomorrow, Tuesday 24th March.
Please contact Ciara Ní Fhloinn in the National Innovation Unit at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries in relation to the provision of this service.
4) Amazon Prime FREE Family Titles
This journal is an excellent curation of all materials, resources and supports and gives a national and international overview of support/resources/ideas that are available to positively impact learning for all.
Here are some ideas and resources that might be useful to your learning community.
1) Dublin Zoo are providing activity sheets and live camera footage of the animals with a different animal everyday.
Starting today, each weekday we will post an activity sheet themed around one of the animals at Dublin Zoo that your kids can work to complete using the information on our website.
— Dublin Zoo (@DublinZoo) March 19, 2020
2) JK Rowling is offering an open license on her books for teachers.
3) Get busy with Minecraft – something for everybody!
4) Great extension projects for learners.
5) A great read taking a look at social emotional learning.
https://www.etta.ie/ click on Subject – Worksheets – School Closures
DCG solutions are free online for DCG students
https://twitter.com/technoteachers or http://www.technoteachers.ie (lots of e learning material and access to books/resources for junior woodwork, graphics and Senior Construction studies.
Attached a link to Educate.ie Home Study page with free access for both primary and post primary students/teachers/parents.
Access to E-learning books
Anyone who is still having problems with e-books, see link here for free access to history artefact book and other EDUCATE books. Please share with any of your friends who need it. https://educateplus.ie/educate-flipbooks
If you have any EDCO books go to https://www.edcolearning.ie/login
Please share with your friends
Leaving Cert Educational Co books
GENERAL RESOURCES – Created by 6th years
A brilliant 14 days of social isolation events from @RTE2FM. Everyday 2FM will issue a new activity that our learners/teachers/parents/leaders can participate in. Todays activity was ‘dance like there’s no one there’. Simply take a video and post to @RTE2FM and use #CreateDontContaminate. Might be an idea for learners to request parental permission before participating. Entries can be submitted through any social media platform. Ticks all the boxes for creative CBAs. Think outside the box. Could they complete planning, creation and reflections as part of a bigger online classroom task/skills demonstration? Use link below to access further information.
The Physical Education Department in LCC wish to reach out to you in what is a very difficult and stressful time. We are encouraging all students to stay as active as they can, within their means. We have attached a 5km fitness challenge that can be completed while we are off school. It aims to give students an increased awareness of the importance of living an active and healthy lifestyle. In conjunction with this, the fitness app ‘Couch to 5k’ could be downloaded onto a phone/device.
We have uploaded a plentiful resource titled ‘PE @ Home’ with links attached to help get everyone started.
We also encourage students to keep an eye on Twitter as we will be posting weekly challenges starting Monday 23/03.
PE department Lucan CC**