Home » Wellbeing
Category Archives: Wellbeing
- Well-Being week timetable 21
- Timetable for you to have a look at – lots of staff competitions and activities to get involved in next week.
- 50 ideas of Self-care- For tutors this can be used during tutorial or SPHE class.
- Amber Flag– Lucan CC are looking to achieve this flag this year. This is run through Pieta House and looks at how your school promotes positive mental health. All students will participate in a Skipathon Disco during their PE classes for the week. TY classes, this can be done during your tutorial class. Staff can participate Friday 23rd during lunchtime.
- Lucan CC Heroes– https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=9cjWPhZMrUSe7WD4UYNKhHz_kZ1P8VJFqmMhMJeuJB1UNlUxWllGRFVaTDFGV1JGUjNMWlY1V1QwOC4u
Please fill in this form and encourage your tutor class to do so also. You are nominating someone who has done something nice for someone or their community during these difficult times
- Non-Uniform Day- This will take place Friday 23rd April. Collecting of the 2euro will take place during tutorial time. The charity we are fundraising for is Pieta House as part of our Amber Flag application.
- Walk in SPHE- If you would like to take your class on a walk for their SPHE class you are welcome to do so.
- Activities- There are lots of activities for staff and students in the mornings and lunchtimes please encourage all to get involved 🙂
Ms Clarke has made a short video message to support and motivate 1st years students and to advise parents/guardians about keeping up good learning habits at home while making space for wellbeing:
Click here to watch the message.
We are delighted to publish the first draft of our Remote Learning Plan for students, parents and guardians.
Please read it carefully. We will seek feedback from students and parents shortly and update it as needed.
Please click on the Remote Learning tab on the website to access all information. We have also included the previous resources uploaded during our previous period of Remote Learning for Students and for Teachers in sub-menus.
STAND UP AWARENESS WEEK
it’s important that every child feels safe and happy in school and as teachers that’s what matters to us all. Research has shown that 6-10% of any group of young people may be LGBT+ so it’s likely some of our students will benefit from having this week in school! LCC is a warm, inclusive, support environment, this really matters so much for our young people. No one should ever feel alone.
Monday 5th October 2020 was World Teachers’ Day. As Principal, I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of our teachers and other education personnel for rising to the challenge even in the most adverse circumstances to ensure that our students can continue their learning. Teachers, SNAs, Office staff, Caretaking and housekeeping staff, the Deputy Principal Team and the many people who have taken on leadership roles in helping us to prepare for and adapt to the new protocols in place, all play essential roles in our school community and we owe them our recognition and respect for their daily work, perseverance and professionalism during these exceptional times.
In a recent letter to the Chairperson of the Board of Management of Lucan Community College, the Chief Executive of Dublin and Dun Laoghaire Education and Training Board, Caitriona Murphy, acknowledged the outstanding work of the Senior Management team of Lucan Community College and of the staff in reopening the school. Ms Murphy said “I would like to take this opportunity to thank them for this and their commitment, motivation and drive to ensure that our learners returned to a safe school environment”.
Let us take this opportunity to celebrate the wonderful team of staff who are keeping Lucan Community College a working learning safe school environment.
Students and Parents/Guardians please note:
The Board of Management have approved the following additional policy provided by the Department of Education relating to students following all arrangements in place for the health and safety of our students. It can be read in full here: Lucan CC Covid-19 Health and Safety Policy