The Parents’ Association meet at 7.30pm on the first Tuesday of every month in the college (during term time) and all parents are requested to attend as many meetings as possible to strengthen the role of the PA. The PA want to be a real voice for the parent body and contact can be made with the PA association members through the college office.
|Hayes, Shona||Board of Management Nominee|
|Hanley, Fintan||Board of Management Nominee|
|Varney, Richard||PRO & Promotions|
The Parents’ Association (PA) was formed shortly after the College opened its doors. As set out in its constitution, its objectives are
- To advance the education of the students by providing and assisting in the provision of facilities not normally provided by the DDLETB or the Department of Education and Science.
- To foster more extended relationships between the staff, parents and others associated with the school.
- The PA committee consists of up to 16 parents, elected annually, together with the parents’ representatives on the board of management.
Current priorities for the PA include:
- Fundraising ideas and developing a calendar of fundraising events;
- Involving more parents in the PA – including use of social media to promote the work of the Association;
- Applying appropriate pressure to ensure that the Extension process proceeds speedily;
- Keeping close contact with the student council to ensure that the PA are aware of issues of importance to the students;
- Consulting on policies that are reviewed by the school.
In previous years, the PA has organised talks on drug awareness and stress management and has arranged introductory evenings for first year parents and students. It also has an important role as a fund-raising body. All in all, quite an active record! The sense of community in Lucan Community College is fostered by the close involvement of the PA in the life of the college.
Contact the PA by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or through our Facebook page, Parent’s Association – Lucan Community College