Message from the Transition Year Management Team
Dear Parents and Students,
The Transition year management team are looking forward to welcoming the students back to Lucan Community College on Friday after our prolonged absence. Management and staff have been busy making preparations for your safe return to school.
We would like to outline a few brief reminders as you get ready to join us on Friday 4th September at 9.45am.
- On your arrival at school all Transition year students should enter by the front gate. Please arrive on time and go straight to your assigned room.
- Classes Mc Auley, O’Riada, Johnston and Hone turn right and proceed towards your allocated room in area M.
- Class Clarke turn right and enter the building via the student K tunnel and proceed to the Dining Hall.
- Class Gandon turn left and enter the building via the student C tunnel and proceed to Room F5
- Parents are not allowed to enter the school grounds without first making an appointment through the front office.
Your Deputy Principal, Mr Brett and I will be there to greet you and guide you to your rooms.
- Your induction will take place in the following rooms:
Class Mc Auley: Room M1 with tutor Mr Callaghan
Class O’Riada: Room M3 with tutor Mr Foley
Class Johnston: Room M4 with tutor Ms Dowling
Class Hone: Room M5 with tutors Ms Suttle and Ms Cormac
Class Clarke: Dining Hall with tutors Iníon Ní Chonaola and Mr Spillane
Class Gandon: Room F5 with tutor Ms O’Donoghue
- We are sure that you are getting ready for your return to school and that you have your uniform, books, equipment for each subject, pencil case and school bag ready as advised in previous emails.
On your first visit please just bring a copy and pen/pencil case. You will receive your school journal and important items of information can be written into this.
Please bring a drink and a snack with you as you will be in the college until 12.15pm
Remember to have your student hygiene kit in a sealable plastic bag containing the following:
- a small bottle of hand-gel sanitiser.
- two reusable washable face-coverings (face-mask design must be appropriate for a school setting – use common sense please!) Face coverings should be kept in a plastic bag when not in use.
- a small face towel for drying.
- Please do not bring any books with you for your induction day. As students start classes from September 7th you should only bring in what you can comfortably manage to carry in your school bag. Teachers will advise students of what essential items are needed for class.
Your tutors will go through all the finer details with you on Friday.
We look forward to seeing you then.
Una Twyford and the management team.