Parent Association Update for New Year 2020
Dear Parents & Guardians,
The Parents Association (PA) would like to wish you all a happy new year and to update you on what has been happening since the AGM in September.
The PA supports the school in many ways behind the scenes. Our motto is ‘many hands make light work and every little helps’. Thanks to your support through various raffles, used clothes collections and the annual fundraiser the PA have been able to provide so much for our school over the years, most recently:
- Colourful benches in the hall areas outside classrooms for students to hang out;
- Sports gear for the various team events which all require different types of jerseys;
- Computer equipment and learning support reader pens;
- Support for school activities and societies, such as the History dig for first years;
- Vouchers for prizes and incentives for school initiatives e.g homework club, amnesty bake-off;
- Christmas icicle lighting in the two courtyards to complement the lovely student festive artwork.
It all takes time, planning and preparation. You see where this is going ……
Here is the fundraising invitation from the PA for 2020:
How can we raise the most money ever with the combined/focused effort from all of us?
The annual fundraiser which will take place at 8pm on Thursday 13th February 2020 is A Karaoke Bingo Night at The Lord Lucan, with a bumper raffle.
Here are some ideas on how you might be able to help us out:
- Put the date in your diary.
- Can you come along on the night? Bring a friend?
- Will you buy some raffle tickets? Sell some raffle tickets? Donate a prize?
- Do you have a company which can do something to help out?
- Do you work for a company who has a Corporate Social Responsibility initiative that could help us or the school out? With this fundraiser or with another initiative?
- Have you any ideas to make it a really great night?
A lot must happen before the 13th February to make it a success. There are more and more demands on people’s time, so by working together we just might surprise ourselves with how easy and fun the whole process can be. Contact us via email: email@example.com.
For updates follow us on:
Facebook: Parents’ Association – Lucan Community College
Thank you, from everyone involved in the Parents’ Association.